paw patrol

Welcome back guys, today I have another puppy story for you. Enjoy!

When we first moved to the Champaign-Urbana area, I didn't know where anything was or what "anything" was in the first place. Also, I had like zero friends out here so that left me with a bit of time on my hands. At first, this led to me taking my dog to the park and hanging out with her there when we lived closer. I would also walk her around the neighboorhood to explore what was where. Since it was mostly warm weather out when we moved, I found myself outside exploring a lot. It quickly became one of my go-to's when I was bored because I found exploring to be so much more interesting than hanging out inside (unless it was hot). All of the time I would take my dog because I felt safer when she was there because she was kind of a big dog and had a mean bark so people were scared of her; she needed a walk anyways. The walks usually ranged from 20-120 minutes back then and my parents didn't worry too much about me with the dog because she was very protective and we had her trained to attack people at one point (this training was almost only used between my siblings and me on each other). Overall, it was a good pastime and a way to get to know my surroundings.  
The next year, we moved again. Naturally, I started the same routine of exploring again; the only difference being that it was cold outside. This only meant more clothes for Honey and I (she got a little festive sweater vest to keep her middle warm). Starting in the neighboorhood and working out in different directions I was slowly getting acquainted with the new area. 
One day, I decided on going towards downtown which I had done before. It was all going fine until I crossed some train tracks and began to walk through an area I'd never been in before. At first, I didn't realize; because a lot of the buildings here are similar. However, I eventually did realize but instead of turning back, I decided to keep going forward to explore this new area. After so many turns, I began to lose track of where I came from. This wasn't so bad because I believed I would eventually find my way back. However, after an hour or two of wandering, we started walking through a neighborhood that I didn't feel very safe in and I slowly became more aware of what I was doing. No more than half an hour later, I gave up. Honey was tired, and the sun was going to go down soon. So I started to look for possible safe persons to ask to borrow their phone. After a minute or two, I found a girl standing outside and asked to use her phone. My mom did not pick up.
From this point, the girl had to leave so I had to continue on my way. It was getting cold out because of the lowering sun but my dog was being very good about it. We wandered around for what seemed to be forever before finally finding Prospect. From there, I was able to find my way back, and around an hour later, we finally made it back to my house. In total, we had been gone for 5 hours, and my mom was not worried about us being gone in the slightest. Barely even got a hello when I got back inside. But anyway, that's a shortened story about a time I got lost. If you take anything from this, take your dog with you when you go exploring, because if you get kidnapped, your parents might not be looking for you until its way too late!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gumbo

Puerto Rico > school

Riding through the mundane