Puerto Rico > school


Hello, fellow people of Blogger. Today I'm going to tell you about a time I was having a better time than you. As you may or may not remember, I did not attend the first couple days of school last year; hence, a certain subbie got harassed by members of my class who only associate me with being white and having long hair. She has since left the school. In loving memory of this subbie, I will now give a few details of what I was doing in the meantime.

In the picture above to the left, there are 6 people. From left to right there is Watcho, Omar, my mother, Natalie, me, and Angel. In that picture, we are hanging out on the beach, in this old tank. The beaches from both pictures are on an island off the coast of Puerto Rico. Primarily, my mother and I had planned a week trip to visit Puerto Rico's main island; however, we decided last minute to take a day trip to one of the coastal islands. 

Since this was such a last-minute decision, when we got there it seemed we did not buy the boat tickets in time. They were saying that the boat was full and we were going to head back when my mom saw a plane booth, conveniently placed right next to the boat line. When we went to inspect, the plane people said that we needed 6 people to ride. Reasonably, my mom's next move was to question people in line if they wanted to ride the plane with us. Immediately, we ran into Watcho, Angel, and Omar (from New Jersey) who were willing to go on the plane with us; but we still needed one more person. After a while, the boat line cleared up because all of the people gave up and the boat guy came out and said there was room for us. So back in line we went. This line was better because we had buddies and the girl in front of us had turned to talk. By the time we got onto the boat, we learned she was Natalie from the Canary Islands and were all good friends!

I did not like the boat ride very much. I got seasick, and once everyone figured out that my mom and I were not sisters I got a lot less attention. However, everything turned up when we left the boat. The boys had reserved a Jeep Wrangler for the island and we had a marvelous time visiting many of the island's beaches. My favorite beach was one we visited after it had just finished raining, so there was nobody out there. The water was so clear and there was barely anything in it with the exception of the occasional rock. It was perfect. 

But most good things have to come to an end sometime. So back to school my mom and I went. Natalie flirted with Angel the whole trip but dated Watcho (only for a week). And Omar continues to hit on my mom. We're still in contact with them and someday plan to go on another trip together. Personally, would definitely suggest Puerto Rico as a trip to help support their economy and would absolutely go again.

Comments

  1. This is so interesting! I love how you and your mom met complete strangers and went places with them. I'd never have the guts to do that. Your trip sounds so fun and your writing is great
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caylee, I love your blog post. Your trip sounded like it was a lot of fun! It's awesome that you got to meet new people along the way. This reminded me a lot of my trip to Turkey. We went on this beautiful boat ride at the beach and then went to the islands afterwards for some sightseeing. It was amazing.
    I definitely want to go to Puerto Rico!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spontaneous trips have and will always be the move. Making new friends and creating your own friend group in a foreign place definitely sounds like an adventure and is something I should try in the future. Also sorry for saying you looked like that one subbie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a spontaneous trip sounds so scary, yet so rewarding at the same time. One of my biggest aspirations is to be able to just let go like that and explore somewhere new without having to worry about anything else in my life. Ngl, might try this during spring break in college or something.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gumbo

Riding through the mundane